Devon Contractors has long believed in the importance of social value, and we believe that our ‘sustainable thinking’ is a large contributing factor to the successful business we now have today.
Below are just a few of the ways we can demonstrate our commitment to Social Value.
- As a local business, we employ local people and have created and sustained jobs for the local community.
- We are committed to using local suppliers and contractors wherever possible.
- We invest in our staff, training wherever it will benefit the personal growth of any teams or individuals. We achieve full business potential through encouraging staff to develop their abilities.
- We welcome work experience students and apprentices, and take pride in furthering the education of young people.
- We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint, and encourage our clients to install smart and renewable energy options where practical.
- We recycle as much as possible and aim to minimise waste on all of our projects.
- We adopt an ethical approach often choosing projects which we feel will benefit our local area and are not purely financially driven; in turn we are able to exceed the expectations of the resident communities.
- We actively follow the Considerate Constructors Scheme and have obtained several awards in previous years.
Devon Contractors are dedicated to constantly improving their standards, and social value plays an important role in this are we continue to sustain and succeed with our business.