At Devon Contractors, we believe in collaborative working and early involvement of the supply chain to achieve a design that is right from the start. As a result a quality, best value end product is always delivered to our clients. We are certain that working in collaboration ensures the quality of the project, protection of the environment and benefits the local community.
Collaboration to us means that all parties are working for a common goal on a totally open basis, with no confrontation, and with everyone working to achieve the best possible result for the client. By working this way we are able to promote better relationships between the client, design team, contractor and end user.
We firmly believe that including the supply chain in this process ends the need for disputes and at the same time promotes trust between partners, innovation, and better use of technology and best value. We are keen to promote the integration of the supply chain into all of our projects, so that their knowledge and expertise can be readily available for the use of the Project Team, as well as a ready known series of costs to help with the most up to date and accurate budgeting of projects.
Devon Contractors is dedicated to constantly improving standards – see below the ways we demonstrate our commitment to social values:
- Employing local people from Devon, Cornwall and Somerset we create a robust team and invest back into the community
- Committed to using local suppliers and contractors wherever possible
- Investing in staff training to continually encourage both professional and personal development growth
- Furthering the education of young people by offering work experience to students and taking on apprentices
- Committed to reducing our carbon footprint, and encouraging our clients to install smart and renewable energy options where practical
- Recycling as much as possible and striving to minimise waste on all our projects
- Adopting an ethical approach where we can, we often choose projects which will benefit our local area and, in turn are able to exceed the expectations of the resident communities
- Actively following the ‘Considerate Constructors Scheme ‘; for which we have obtained several awards